Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Soul Surfer

Soul Surfer Last night my husband and I watched Soul Surfer, the story of Bethany Hamilton who lost her arm to a shark at the age of 13 while surfing near her home in Hawaii. Bethany is a believer in Jesus Christ and while the movie didn't portray this as well as I'd hoped, I really enjoyed watching the documentary about her on the special features of the DVD.  It was amazing to me to watch, in the documentary, a little girl at 13 years old who just lost her arm and possibly her dream of professional surfing say that she believe God had a purpose in it. She says on her website that faith in Jesus means "everything" to her. 

Bethany also says:

"Knowing that God loves me and that he has a plan for my life, that no shark can take away and no contest result can shake, is like having solid rock underneath me. Bad things are bound to happen to everyone. That's life. Here's my advice: don't put all your hope and faith into something that could suddenly and easily disappear. And honestly, that's almost anything. The only thing that will never go away, that will never fail you, is God and your faith in him." source
Watch it....you'll be encouraged!

No comments:

Post a Comment