Thursday, September 16, 2010

Empty Me

There's a great song by Jeremy Camp called "Empty Me". Here are some of the  lyrics:

Holy fire burn away
My desire for anything
That is not of you and is of me
I want more of you
And less of me

Empty me, empty me, fill me
With you, with you

This is my prayer tonight.  Lately I struggle so much when I hear of someone who is expecting another baby or I see a mom with 4 kids age under the age of 4.  I wonder why I am struggling with what seems to be more pain everyday while other moms (and some of them overweight and "unhealthy" it seems) can have multiple children with no physical problems.  It makes me sick to have such sinful jealous thoughts, but I do.  I of course fail to remember how God has so graciously blessed me with salvation,  a wonderful husband, a healthy daughter, a caring family that lives nearby, financial provisions, and the health I do have....just to name a few.  God please take away my thoughts and desires that are not of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment