Sunday, October 2, 2011

Weekly Update and Free Book Download

This month's free audio book on Christianaudio.com is Think by John Piper. I have not read it yet, but it looks good. See the video trailer below.

As for my weekly update:

I have decided to stop PT at least for a while. Each time I go I get more flared up. My sitting tolerance is very poor right now, probably the worst it's ever been. Unless I take extra pain medication, I can only sit for about 5 minutes on my cushion before my pain is about a 7/10.  My quality of life is deteriorating, but there is still no guarantee that pudendal nerve decompression surgery will help me. 

My pain moves around a lot within the pelvis. Sometimes my pain is localized as burning in the perineum, sometimes I have horrible pain in my sacrum near my sacroiliac joint, sometimes it seems to be mostly around my coccyx, and sometimes (like the past several days) is localizes around my ischial tuberosities (sit bones) with the left usually being worse than the right. The ischial tuberosities is technically outside the pudendal nerve distribution area. It falls more in the innervation of the inferior cluneal nerve which comes off the posterior femoral cutaneous nerve. So is my pain coming from several nerves, or is it primarily the pudendal nerve but due to central sensitization and "cross talk" of the nerves I feel pain in multiple areas within my pelvis. One symptom always remains the same...I can't sit without pain.
  • Please pray as we research all options and possible causes of my pain that God will give great wisdom
  • Pray as we travel on Thursday and Friday to my pain doctor and pelvic pain doctor 2 hours away. Pray that they will help guide me in the way I should go and help me find a way to better manage my pain in the meantime.
  • Pray that my joy will be in Christ alone and that He will help me fight feelings of anger, jealously, and bitterness
Thanks for prayer. Please leave a comment or send me an email with ways I can be praying for you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment