Tuesday, June 14, 2011

"Choosing to SEE"

Choosing to SEE: A Journey of Struggle and HopeThanks to Sunshine Deals for Amazon Kindle I was able to get this book for $2.99. Some books are as cheap as 99 cents, but the deal ends tomorrow so check it out while you can!

 "Choosing to SEE: A Journey of Struggle and Hope" is by Mary Beth Chapman, wife of contempary Christian artist Steven Curtis Chapman. It's an autobiography of Mary Beth's life and particularly of her loss of their adopted child. I don't want to share too many details in case you choose to read it. But I highly recommend it. I always find great encouragement hearing about others' struggles and continued faith in the Lord. 

The book includes this quote by C.S. Lewis which I can relate to greatly. "We're not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be." From my research it looks like this quote comes from Letters of C. S. Lewis. I know that God is working for my good in this chronic pain, but I often wonder how much more pain will God's good will include?

No comments:

Post a Comment