Sunday, October 17, 2010

Rough days

The last few weeks and especially the last 4 days have been some of my worst since dealing with chronic pain. I have had to resort to pain medication and laying on the couch. I hope I am just going through a "flare-up".  I don't know what exactly I did to cause it, but I did try to go to church on Wednesday night and I sat for about 30 minutes.  My pain has been so bad recently that I can't sit at all. Which means I can't drive, do work around the house, or really much of anything.  I am so thankful for my mom and dad who do so much for us when my husband is working.  I have had a lot of anxiety lately. Sometimes it's hard to eat or sleep. I try to quote Philippians 4:6 to myself "Do not be anxious about anything..." That sure is hard sometimes.  But what a blessing to know that because of Jesus we have nothing to worry about.  I don't know how people with chronic pain live without knowing Jesus!

I have finished reading "A Place of Healing: Wrestling with the Mysteries of Suffering, Pain, and God's Sovereignty"  by Joni Eareckson Tada.  Wow, this book was so good! Probably the best book on suffering I've ever read.  I've read some of Joni's other books and she never ceases to challenge my faith.  She has lived 40+ years as a quadriplegic, but this book is more about her recent struggles with chronic pain. I highly recommend it. You can find a copy here

No comments:

Post a Comment