Tuesday, September 28, 2010

All in a day

Well, my blood test results are back.  I checked them when I was at work yesterday (I praise God that I was able to work another 12 hour shift) and some of them are not normal.  Now I am waiting for the doctor to call me back and advise me on what to do next.  I am trying not to jump to conclusions after knowing  my blood work, but it's hard for me not to read everything on the internet and "diagnose" myself.  I always wanted to be a doctor :) I am praying by the end of the week we will have a call back from the doctor.

My headaches and neck/shoulder tightness have been a little better the past couple of days. Maybe the massage, or should I say "beating" helped.  The massage therapist was a little rough (in more ways than one) and I was sore for a couple of days after.  I probably won't go back to her. Massage is expensive, but if it helps me keep these headaches at bay it may be worth it.  I'm just so grateful for a little reprieve from the headaches I've had for almost 2 weeks.

Today I have done too much already.  I got woken up by hubby's alarm at 5:45am and was soon joined by my daughter who was up around 6:30am (a half an hour earlier than her normal wake up time).  After breakfast I started on the laundry, picked up around the house, got out some fall decorations, and swept  the kitchen floor. Soon it was time for my daughter's morning nap which is when I should rest, but instead I got supper cooking in the crock-pot, called the lab to make sure they faxed my results to the doctor, did my Physical therapy exercises, and took a shower. After lunch we took some of my daughter's old clothes to a consignment store to try and sell, played outside with our dog, and folded some laundry. To many of you this seems like a typical day, but for me I can tell I have probably pushed it a little too far (as my headache starts to creep back).  That's one of the hardest things for me in dealing with chronic pain/illness--not being able to do things I used to do everyday without even thinking about it and most days without ever thanking God for the ability to do those things.  And I think this is part of what God is trying to teach me through this time of suffering....that  I need Him more than I ever thought possible, and I need to get rid of my pride just as much as I ever have.

No comments:

Post a Comment