When I had the MRI of my right hip 2 weeks ago a labral tear was found in that hip as well. I had a good visit with the PT and nurse practitioner and will go back in 2 weeks to see the hip surgeon and hopefully get more of my questions answered. My hope is that these drug infusions will help relieve/manage some of my pain (especially the burning/hypersensitivity), and then I might pursue intervention on my hip as this seems to make the most sense for me at this point. My right hip is actually more painful and unstable on a day to day basis than my left, but my SI joint pain and predominant pelvic floor pain is on my left side so perhaps I don't notice the hip pain there as much. Both my pelvic floor PT and the hip PT feel it would be wisest if I pursue arthroscopic hip surgery to have the left done first because I am already atrophied and weak and have more overall pain on that side.
The last few days have been especially hard. I'm discouraged and frustrated and just sick and tired of being sick and tired! I keep thinking surely God is going to give us a "break through" one of these days, but what if He doesn't? I read this quote Saturday which capturs how I often feel:
“We are not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be.” CS Lewis
1. Please pray that these upper GI issues would go away - that God would heal me of this symptom. It just seems like the pain never stops spreading and I feel like it's more than I can bear right now! If it's not God's will for this to go away, pray that doctors will be able to figure out what is wrong and help me find relief soon.
2. Pray for wisdom to know what to do about the drug infusions next week.
3. Pray that if I do the infusions that they will help and that insurance will pay for it - we still haven't heard for sure about that! Pray also that the infusions will not cause any side effects (common ones being nausea/vomitting and hallucinations).
4. Pray for wisdom as we meet with the hip surgeon November 13th and try to decide what is best for me. Please pray that God will not allow me to do the surgery (or anything!) that would make me worse or not help the problem. I have already gone through so many painful and unnecessary procedures!
5. Most importantly pray for peace and that when I am afraid I will trust in God (Psalm 56:3-4). Pray also that we would not be anxious, but would constantly seek after God.
Thank you for standing in the gap with us!