Saturday, April 28, 2012

Secret Church: "The Cross and Suffering"

Twice a year, David Platt, pastor at The Church at Brook Hills in Birmingham Alabama, conducts a 6+ hour long Bible study called "Secret Church", modeled after the small-group secret gatherings of persecuted Christians around the world. The most recent Secret Church was on suffering and the cross, which was very fitting since it was held on Good Friday.

I was blessed to get to go as our Sunday School class held it in a member's home, which made it possible for me to lie down. If you weren't able to attend, I encourage you to watch or listen to it recorded here. It's been broken up in 4 parts and you can even download the study guide to follow along.

Platt strives to answer questions such as:
  • Why am I suffering?
  • Where is God when I suffer?
  • How can I suffer well?
  • When will my suffering end?
  • How can God be good and allow such evil in the world?
  • How can God be gracious and ordain such suffering in my life?
Watch it. You'll be blessed and your faith in our sovereign God will be strengthened! I think I'll listen to it again, I need to be reminded of these truths every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment