Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Disappointment and Encouragement

I had a really disappointing doctor's appointment yesterday. I don't feel comfortable sharing details of it on here, but I could really use your prayers.  A lot of tears have been shed and I feel at a loss right now. 

Throughout my struggles with pain, my husband has often reminded me of the story of King Jehoshaphat in 2 Chronicles 20. In this passage the enemies of Irsrael (the Moabites and Ammonites) are going to invade, but the Spirit of the Lord tells them that the battle is the Lord's and they don't need to fight, but rather to stand firm and watch God save them from their attackers! Not only did the Lord destroy their enemies for them, but he also greatly blessed them with all the goods from their enemies. In fact it took them three days to gather all the goods that that the Lord gave them through this defeat!

Since my appointment yesterday I have felt like Jehoshaphat in 2 Chronicles 20:12 "we do not know what to do, but our eyes are on you." I have been convicted because I have been fighting so hard. Fighting to fix myself....to be normal again.  But no matter what I do or don't do God is the one who is fighting for me. 

"Thus says the LORD to you, 'Do not be afraid and do not be dismayed at this great horde, for the battle is not yours but God's." 2 Chron 20:15

I know I haven't let God fight for me like I should. I believe that God is in control yet I feel like I need to somehow control the situation too.  I am sorry Lord, forgive me.  The encouraging thing is that nothing I have done or ever will do can frustrate God's plans. He is reigning and His will WILL be accomplished for my life.

"O LORD, God of our fathers, are you not God in heaven? You rule over all the kingdoms of the nations. In your hand are power and might, so that none is able to withstand you." 2 Chron 20:6

Praise God that none can withstand you!


1 comment:

  1. Hannah, be blessed and know that you are under God's mantle. He will make a way. I wholeheartedly come into agreement with you that you will be healed and set free from this.

    ReplyDelete