I did make a couple of changes to the original recipe due to my taste preferences and available ingredients.
Easy Fried Rice
- About 1.5-2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 T of olive or coconut oil
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 16-20 oz frozen veggies (I just used a mixture of things I had on hand)
- 2 eggs
- black pepper to taste (you may need salt, but I find soy sauce to be salty enough for me)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce - Gluten Free, Organic, Reduced Sodium (I never knew there was gluten in soy sauce....that stuff is EVERYWHERE!)
- In a large pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook while stirring for 1½ to 2 minutes. Stir in the garlic and ginger and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Pour the frozen veggies into the pan and cook while stirring for around 5 minutes (depending on how crunchy you like your veggies).
- Using a spatula push the veggie mixture to one side of the wok. Drop in the 2 raw eggs on the other side and let them cook for 1 to 2 minutes before flipping and then stirring the entire mixture together.
- Once the eggs are fully cooked add the soy sauce, and rice to wok. Mix together thoroughly, serve warm.
A quick, healthy, and CHEAP meal! Just the way I like it.
What new recipe(s) are you trying this week?