Sunday, November 20, 2011

Update and Prayer Requests

I haven't been updating weekly because there's just not that much "new" to share lately. I have been taking a new muscle relaxer, Baclofen, for a few weeks now. I'm on a very small dose because I seemed to have some dizziness when I first began it, so I am slowly increasing it. I had a couple days last week where I felt like I might be starting to get back to where I was (pain-wise) before the botox injections in August (it's been right at 3 months now since the injections so the medicine should be wearing off over the next month or so), but I'm still not able to sit much.

I tried to drive 25 minutes a run a couple errands this week and that increased my pain. Unfortunately no two days, or hours, are alike. I do seem to be able to do a little more than I was last month as long as I am not sitting, standing, or even lying too long. After standing  a while my feet and pelvis start burning and my low back and legs start aching. My pudendal nerve pain is better when I lie down, but if I lie too long my SI joint starts to burn. The inability to sit or be on my feet for long still really limits my social interaction but I'm thankful to be able to get out of the house still a little.

Praise:

  • Those of you who read this post know that my husband was supposed to start working 40 hours spread over 6 days a week, instead of his normal 5. Praise God that their district manager gave the store he works at a good review and after talking to my husband's manager and explaining our situation he has decided not to make the assistants work 6 days a week! However please pray this continues and the manager doesn't change his mind in the future.
Prayer Request:
  • I had hoped to have a decision concerning my scheduled surgery in January by now, but I am still seeking the Lord's wisdom and doing some research. Just when I think I know what I should do, my symptoms change location or worsen and make me doubt. The surgery is not a "cure all". I would be estatic if I got 50% better and even that would take a year plus many more months/years of working all on of the muscle dysfunction/weakness I have accrued. We were waiting for and have now received our airline reward points so we can now purchase our tickets to Phoenix if we feel the Lord leading that direction. We have enough points for both our tickets and an extra ticket so I can have two seats to "lie" down after surgery. I still however do not have peace that that is what we should do so please continue to pray for wisdom. Pray that God would make it very clear which path we should take.
I am always so encouraged by the life and ministry of Joni Eareckson Tada, a woman who has seen great suffering during her time on this Earth, but her love and devotion to the Lord has only grown through hardship. I enjoy listening to her radio broadcasts and found a lot of encouragement from this show I heard last month. Joni encourages us from Psalm 103 to praise the Lord with every part of our being, even the parts that are hurting! Listen to it, I think you'll enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment