Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Hot Shower

There's just something about a hot shower.  I am not a girly girl. I don't like getting ready, doing my hair/makeup, or even taking a shower.  I've always been the kind of person who would be perfectly fine to stay in my pajamas all day.  But now, most mornings I wake up hurting. I feel achy and tight all over and my body pops and cracks with each movement I make.  I've noticed if I go ahead and take a shower I generally feel a little better at least for an hour or so.  With a 16 month old running around it's hard to always get a shower in the morning, but even if it must wait till later in the day it is still beneficial for my achy body.  I know a lot of pelvic pain sufferers take hot baths.  Sitting in the bathtub hurts me too much, but I sure love a hot shower.  So, if you chronic pain sufferers are having a bad day today or going through a flare take a hot shower (even if it's number 2 or 3 for today).  And even if you don't suffer from pain, but are tired or stressed, take a shower....I bet you'll find it therapeutic.

No comments:

Post a Comment