Thursday, November 11, 2010

All or Nothing

I tend to be more of the "all" when it comes to an "all or nothing" kind of person.  I had a pretty good few days. I was able to tolerate sitting through church (with my handy dandy cushion), took a walk to the park Sunday afternoon, went to a church fellowship that night, and worked 5 1/2 hours on Monday. Tuesday I had pelvic floor PT and since it was such a pretty day we decided to take our daughter to the zoo.  The zoo had lots of steep hills and I don't know whether it was that or the PT that has once again flared up my pain.  Where do I hurt?  My pelvic floor, especially where I sit and where the hamstrings connect to my pelvis (i think), my neck/shoulders, and a little in my low back.   It's just so hard for me to admit that I can't do so much on any given day.  I used to run a couple miles a day and exercise almost every day for at least an hour. Plus I was always going...going to run errands, or for a walk, cooking, cleaning, visiting friends, etc. I never just sat (or lay) around.  But things are different now. And I have to learn a proper balance.

I was pretty down yesterday and listened to a sermon from the church my husband and I attended when we first got married.  It was just what I needed to hear. It was entitled "The Lines have Fallen in Pleasant Places" and was about how the promised land was was divided amongst the 12 tribes of Israel (Joshua 15-21). The two main points of the sermon were:

1) God determines our times and our places
2) He keeps His promises


These two pieces of scripture from the sermon really spoke to me.

"The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot.  The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance. Psalm 16:5-6

"The God who made the world and everything in it, being Lord of heaven and earth, does not live in temples made my man, nor is he served by human hands, as though he needed anything, since he himself gives to all mankind life and breath and everything.  And he made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined allotted periods and the boundaries of their dwelling place, that they should seek God, in the hope that they might feel their way toward him and find him.  Yet he is actually not far from each one of us, for 'In Him we live and move and have our being.'" Acts 17:24-27
God created us and ordained where we would live and for how long and what our life would be life like all for one reason. Not so that we might have a comfortable life and "live it to the fullest", but so we might seek God.  That is the will of God for our life....to seek Him.  And the health and wealth we all long for in this life is coming soon for we have a beautiful inheritance.

No comments:

Post a Comment