Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Gluten Free/Dairy Free Waffles

I'm no longer on my restricted diet (more on that to come), and I know I haven't posted any of my "Tasty Tuesday" recipes lately. But I wanted to share a recipe that has become one my mainstays over the past few months. One of the hardest things about going gluten-free (at least for me) is not having the ease of eating a sandwich for lunch (unless you pay an arm and a leg for expensive gluten-free bread which usually has sugar in it!).  So I was glad to find this recipe for gluten-free, dairy-free waffles that soak overnight and are prepared in the blender. Thankfully, my husband got me a waffle iron for mother's day after mine broke last year and I am blessed to have a high quality blender. These waffles have proven to be great for breakfast or lunch (using as sandwich "bread")! My four year old loves them.


 
 
I follow Passionate Homemaking's recipe except I use a full 14oz can of coconut milk and 2 cups of grains (I use half gluten free oats and half brown rice). This makes about 4 large waffles (16 individual waffles if using a large square waffle maker with 4 squares). I only cooked them about 3 minutes total.
 
Have you tried any good recipes lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment